For the opera that I’m working on I have to come up with a piece of set that indicates the edge of a pond. As the opera travels around to six different venues, the size of each varies. With a large budget there is much I can do but working on a shoestring presents a real challenge. I wasn’t sure how I was going to tackle this until I realised that the solution lay…or rather stood…in my hallway.
I have a photo stand on a heavy metal base. It stands about three feet tall and is fairly steady. I realised that this could form a structure on which to support a plethora or greenery. I set too this morning and, with the addition of a couple of props I think I have it sorted. I’ve just added a couple of tiny birds hiding in the greenery. I think it should do the trick nicely.